A blog inspired by the webcomic a softer world and the DC Universe. Strips will touch a variety of genres, comics, and characters. Submissions are allowed and encouraged. Read the guidelines below before submitting.
• Submissions done in a softer world’s template (found here) are only accepted. Don’t forget to add your name to your work.
• Images used can only be from the DC Universe (comics, animation, etc.), no fan-art. (Changes may be made in the future.)
• Submit remixes as photos, click the pull down menu in the submission box and select “submit a photo”.
Manipulate images to your liking—get as abstract or “artistic” as you please.
• Text can range from a variety of different things—quotes, lyrics, movies, thoughts. Go wild; it doesn’t have to make sense.
• You must have a minimum of one word in your remix.
• Place credit where it’s due.
• Keep things reasonable, stray from anything too offensive. Absolutely no character bashing.
• Have fun, be creative, be random, just do what you feel is right.
Notice: Currently looking for affiliates and members to join in as regular contributors and/or moderators. Leave a message expressing your interest and submit a remix if willing or capable. If interested in affiliation, please submit a link to your blog. Blogs must either be related to the DCU or a softer world, no personal advertisement.
Before asking, check to see if your question has already been answered.
• Can I just send a reblog link if the remix is already posted on my blog? If the remix is on Tumblr, then by all means, send it and we’ll reblog it! Same goes for any remixes you see lying that “fit the bill”. • Is there a limit to how many remixes I can send in? Nope! Make as many as you want! We might have to shove some in the queue if you throw in a large amount, but they’ll eventually show up! • I want to reuse a picture, text, idea, etc. Go on ahead! Just don’t make it a carbon-copy of the other. • I want to make a continuation of another remix. Just make sure to acknowledge what you’re continuing and credit whoever made the original if it is not yourself. • Do you accept fan-art? Currently not in remixes, but if you’ve done or seen something (fan-art, fan-fiction, etc.) that was inspired by a remix, we’ll gladly take it! The fan-art rule is due to change in the future. • Is there a difference between simply submitting and becoming a regular contributor? Becoming a “regular contributor” would allow you to have direct access to the blog.
If your question has not been answered here, feel free to ask.